Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Wildest Rice Soup


This is a wonderfully delicious soup.  Half of my bowl was gone when I remembered to take a picture for my blog.  I sent some to my son and I got a text, that soup it was excellent!  So please try this, I don't think you will be disappointed.

1-6.2 ounce package long-grain and wild rice mix
1 pound bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
1 large onion, diced
2-10 3/4 ounce cans cream of potato soup, undiluted
1-8 ounce prepared cheese product, cubed (Velveeta)
3 3/4 cup half and half
2 1/2 cup chicken broth
2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced

Cook wild rice according to package instructions, omitting seasoning packet.  Set aside.  In a Dutch oven, cook bacon until crisp, remove and drain on paper towel.  Reserve 2 tablespoons dripping in the Dutch oven.  Saute mushrooms and onion in drippings until tender; stir in rice, bacon and half and half and remaining ingredients.  Cook over medium heat, stirring  constantly until soup is thoroughly heated and cheese melts.
Makes 10 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment