Thursday, November 14, 2013

Spinach Casserole


This is a new recipe I tried and I really liked it.  Some of my clients like spinach souffle and of course there is no way to make that without being at their home to serve immediately so I found this which is close. This can be served hot or at room temperature.  I almost like it best at room temperature.  A slice would be great with a salad or a bowl of soup or as a vegetable dish for dinner.

1 cup flour
2 large eggs, whisked
3 cups of shredded cheese (Monterrey Jack, Sharp Cheddar, or any good melting variety)
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup butter
2 boxes of 10 ounce frozen spinach, thawed and all the water squeezed out
salt and pepper to taste
dash of nutmeg

Grease a medium size casserole dish.  Gently combine ingredients in a bowl and turn evenly into a baking dish.  Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.  It should be solid and bubbly around the edges.  Cool 10 minutes before slicing.

These are the changes I made to the recipe.  You can see which one you like. I made the recipe above with these additions.  1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese and 1/4 half n half.

No comments:

Post a Comment