Monday, November 11, 2013

Gardening Information

This is something I learned over the weekend and it was very timely for me.  I have been cleaning up my garden area and I planned on going to my neighbors next week and loading up on his dried cow manure for our vegetable garden. 

What I learned is if there has been an  herbicide applied to the hay field to keep out weeds and a cow eats that hay, of course it's in his poop and will affect the vegetables you plant.  So I've got to check that out before I put in my neighbors cow manure.  He rotates his cattle so I don't know what they eat.  I know he doesn't put anything on the pasture by our house. 

I know there are lost of people who buy manure for flower and vegetable gardens so just passing along the information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment