Sunday, November 10, 2013

Autumn Hydrangea






If you like hydrangeas you would love an Autumn Hydrangea.  They get huge, about 6 to 7 feet tall and 5-6 feet wide and they are beautiful in spring and fall.  This autumn has been the best for this plant.  It has the most beautiful red leaves this year.  The leaves will stay on for a good part of the winter before they fall off.  Then in the spring the huge cascade of each hydrangea blossom is amazing. It's not round like most hydrangeas it is a huge cone shape.   It starts out white and then goes into a beautiful pink.  The beautiful thing about hydrangeas is they make beautiful dried flowers. 

My grandmother had a huge blue hydrangea on the north side of her home.  Mine is on the north side of my home also.  I tried planting some on the south side of my house and they didn't make it.  Remember, I live in the country and the south side of my house gets blasted by the wind.  I'm not sure what happened to them but I've never had a problem with this one. 

If you have a space in your flower garden, do try one of these they are beautiful.  I have a great view of this one from my bedroom window. 

No comments:

Post a Comment