Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Thirty Years



Thirty years ago today my mother passed from this life and she was only 64.  I still vividly remember that day it was a warm Sunday afternoon.  She hadn't been feeling well all summer and the doctor finally admitted her to the hospital on September 1st to run some tests and she never came home.  My dad had just died three years previous to this. 

I read once, that no one ever quite loves you again like a beloved parent. I remember feeling this after my mother died.  Even the love shared in a good marriage is different from that of a parent.

I'm really not sad today.  I am blessed!  I can look back on a wonderful life with my parents and I have no regrets.  They were loving, giving and wise parents and we always had a wonderful relationship.  My only wish is that they could have lived longer to know my children. 

Time passes so quickly.......thirty years....sounds like a long time but the memories are all still there; clear, fresh as if it happened only yesterday.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment