Sunday, September 29, 2013

Fall Decorating






















For as long as I can remember, I have cut pages out of magazines and I have a lot of files with a lot of pictures for different seasons and different occasions.  I think that is kind of the concept behind Pintrest.  I wish I had thought of that idea.  :) 

You can tell from these pictures that I like decorating with nature.  The first picture is my ideal Thanksgiving celebration.  With Oklahoma weather, I don't know that it will ever happen for me but that is my dream one day.

Hope this inspires you to do something special for the Fall.  Even the little name tags for a special Fall dinner or Thanksgiving dinner.  These would be easy and they add such a special touch.  It will make your guest feel special. 

Seeing the sunflowers on the mantle.  Just wanted to suggest to you that sunflowers are very easy to grow and you can buy some silica preservative at Hobby Lobby and you just submerge them in this mixture and leave them for about 3 weeks.  They come out looking great.  The color is still in the petals and they just look beautiful in Fall arrangements and they last two to three years.  I think next year I might try some zinnias and see how they turn out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment