Sunday, August 11, 2013

Great Summer Sunday



This is a little quail that has been around our home since spring.  He or she is so cute. While I was mowing today he came running out from behind the barn and ran all the way across the pasture never flying just running until he reached my garden area and then ran in behind the tomato plants.  He sits on the fence morning and evening and sings his little "bob white" song.  It really sounds like he is saying "bob white." 

It brings back some dear old memories for me. When I was a child and would go to the lake with my parents there was always a quail that stayed around our cabin and would do the "bob white." It's just such a sweet sound.  I haven't heard it in years.  He is really a pretty bird.  I wish I could have gotten closer to get a better picture.


My tomatoes are finally coming on.  I picked and picked and picked this evening.  It looked like tons of little oranges hanging on the vine.  My pictures don't really show how bountiful they looked.

Well, we got the lawn mowed so it can rain again.  Got the garden picked so if we have several days of rain, I really need to clean house.  :(

It was a beautiful day and I enjoyed being outside!  I don't think I'm ready for summer to be over yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment