Thursday, December 2, 2010

Inexpensive Christmas Gifts

This is an inexpensive Christmas gift but one that is full of love. I did this years ago for my husband on Valentine's Day but you could do it for a special friend or your children or your husband. This is a great idea for any occasion.

At the time, I bought a heart shaped jar, it was red and had a good sized cork in the top. I went to a pharmacy and bought empty glycerin tablets and wrote him little notes of why I loved him, there were notes for a foot rub or back rub,a special breakfast (he loves breakfast). You can use your imagination and come up with all kinds of ideas. Then I carefully folded the note and put in the the glycerin tablet. My jar had a little tag hanging from the top that said love pills take one a day. Okay, I know it's a little corny but he enjoyed it.

For Christmas you could use a canning jar and tie some raffia around the top and tie a cute little x-mas ornament dangling down from the raffia. You could write your notes on red and green paper and it would look all festive.

These are some things my children have done during the years when they didn't have any money for gifts. They would make a coupon and put it in a birthday card or whatever the occasion was and it would be to clean the house for a month or do the dishes every night, cook dinner once a week. I'm sure you get the idea.

This time of the year can be stressful for families who are struggling just to make ends meet. With the economy in the state it's in be creative. Give some thought to things you can do this season for others that won't cost a lot. Think of some things you would like someone to do for you. I think you'll find that you will end up being closer as a family, you will be giving of yourself to help others and the holiday will be a happier time.... less stressed without a pile of debt when the season is over.

1 comment:

  1. i have done this gift in a little diff way but i think i will do this for dave , thank you

    ReplyDelete