Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Perspective

As I sit and think of this year there are a lot of good things that have happened to me, good changes in who I am. I am very thankful for the changes that have taken place in me.

All my life, I have been very fearful and have let fear dictate a lot of my decisions. A couple of years ago, I realized that fear was a giant in my heart and it was time for it to move out. Consequently, God has so graciously put me in tests to help me overcome the immobilizing fear that had dominated my life. I'm not totally free but I have come a long way. What is exciting to me is perfect love cast out fear so as fear is leaving I know I am being perfected in God's love. God's love for me!

I've also gotten a lot better at thinking before I speak. Is this ever a biggy for me! I've learned that if I'm speaking judgement on someone, it's usually in my life too. Pretty interesting but unfortunately it's true.

I'm learning not to take myself so seriously. To enjoy life and be myself. The key here is "be myself" and not be what I think people want me to be.

I have become more conscious of living in the moment and enjoying it, not thinking of yesterday or wondering about tomorrow. This takes some effort but there is a lot to be said about this. Life is more peaceful living in the moment. I definitely want to perfect this in my life.

One of the perspectives I'm most grateful for is learning that no emergency, irritation, or crisis is worth the regret I feel if I am harsh and rude with my family. I haven't arrived yet, I still have my ugly moments, but overall, my responses have changed. I wish it hadn't taken me 25 years to learn this particular lesson. But what matters, I did see it and I changed.

I am committed to incurable optimism. I am absolutely certain that the best and most glorious moments of my life are yet to be.

It's really been great taking the time to think about this year and the good things that have taken place in my life. I am very thankful for the changes and look forward to this new year.

I started out my blog saying that I hoped I could enrich your life in some way and I hope in some small way I have done that this year. I want to wish you a new year filled with love, happiness, health and peace. I am looking forward to another year of sharing my life with you.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2 comments:

  1. galatha you have enriched more peoples lives than you will ever know. im so thankful that the LORD has worked in your life as he has mine in many ways. love ya friend and sister barbara carey

    ReplyDelete