Friday, December 24, 2010

Enjoying little bargins


Everything in the picture is from a garage sale except ,of course, the flowers and candles. The platter was from a friend. She gave me a box of stuff she didn't want. I was so excited.....I love old platters. The vase, toothpick holder and votives I picked up at garage sales. This little grouping sets on the island in our kitchen and I will switch out napkins and flowers for the season. I find good deals on fresh flowers at our Wal-Mart and I have had some of the flowers to last for almost 2 weeks. I love fresh flowers and since I spend a lot of time in the kitchen I get to see and enjoy them a lot. I also find great napkins at Tuesday Morning Inc. They have a great variety and great prices.

Another thing that I do in this grouping, is to remove the votives and I have an antique cup that I will put Andes mints into. I have also removed the larger vase put in a smaller one for several rose buds and used a large (pillar) candle. I used cocktail napkins instead of the dinner napkins too. There are a lot of ways you can change the way it looks.

This is just a little touch for your home that brightens things up and it doesn't cost a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment