Saturday, December 4, 2010

Fruit Salad


I made a fruit salad last night for dessert and it was so good. My husband had a sore throat and was fighting off a cold and when I went to the store I was trying to think of something sweet and healthy since it was his birthday. I had already decided not to fix any kind of dessert because you know the information about sugar. I can't remember exactly but it's something like your immune system drops to nothing for 24 hours after you eat sugar.

Arrived at the grocery store and they had wonderful fresh pineapples. They were so sweet you could smell them. The light when off "fruit salad". So I got a couple of Granny Smith apples, a couple of oranges, some bananas, the red grapes were also huge and very sweet, a pomegranate (my new favorite fruit), coarsely chopped pecans. It was great and he loved it.

There are different times of fruit salad but I almost like the fruit salad in the winter better than the fruit salad I make in the summer but I think of those fresh peaches and I guess I really like them both. :)

Anyway, just wanted to remind everyone that during this time of the year when we are bombarded by sugary treats remember to stick in some fruit salad and give your body a treat and a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment