Sunday, December 5, 2010

Knitting Class

I attended my first knitting class yesterday and loved it! We made a scarf for the first class. Of course, we didn't finish it but we will be able to complete it this week and take it back for the finishing touches next Saturday. Next Saturday will be a dish cloth and the final class is a cap. We will learn all of the stitches by making these three items to get started making things.

The teachers are young, talented, and very patient :). I was very impressed. The shop is beautiful with all types and colors of yarn from floor to ceiling and comfortable seating. Several nights a week, after hours, knitters get together at the shop to work on their projects.

I am taking the class at L&B Yarn Co. in Norman. The classes are very affordable and the price includes your supplies. If your interested in knitting check it out!

1 comment:

  1. galatha thank you for getting me involved in this , yes i had a good time if for not just for the fellowship. i am going to finish it with you. i will prob need your help. it really spoke to me when i read what you said bout people not starting things and definately not finishing them. and i thank you for that. you inspire me!! i hope in some small way i bless your life also !!!! your sister barbara carey

    ReplyDelete