Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Update on Seedlings











I transferred my seedlings last week to my raised bed so they can grow to a size where I can plant them in my garden. They have taken off and are growing like crazy.

I planted the purple poll beans as well as bush beans and two different types of eggplant. These have all come up and are doing great. I can't wait to see the purple poll beans and the eggplant, I've never planted these before. The little round eggplants are so cute. All of my lettuces are doing great. The red romaine and the strawberry cabbage lettuce and the mixed greens have been producing wonderfully.

I have some watermelon seeds I want to try but I haven't got them in the ground yet. I need to do that soon or forget about it until next year.

Just love, love, love working in the garden and seeing all the flowers and veggies growing. The only down side is staying on top of the weeds. :(

My roses have been absolutely beautiful this year. The leaves are an emerald green and they look so healthy. I attribute it totally to the banana peels. I think it has really made a difference. My roses have never looked this beautiful.
Pictures of my herb garden and lettuces and my oak leaf hydrangea.

1 comment: