Sunday, December 6, 2015

Wonderful Arugula Salad



This was dinner one night last week.  This arugula salad is easy and so delicious.  The recipe is from a dear friend who is a wonderful cook and she has an eye for good recipes.  I love exchanging recipes with her.  If you try this, I'm sure it will become one of your favorites.

3-4 garlic cloves
1/4 cup olive oil
the juice of 1/2 to l whole lemon
dash of Worcestershire
3-6 tablespoons of mayonnaise
1/4 - 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese
Freshly ground black pepper
5 tablespoons of olive oil
Toasted pine nuts

In a blender add garlic cloves and 1/4 cup olive oil and blend until garlic is liquefied.   In a bowl whisk together next five ingredients then add the garlic and olive oil.  From this point add the extra olive oil until it has the consistency of salad dressing. Toss the arugula with dressing and add toasted pine nuts.

We were at a meeting together and my friend gave me the recipe off the top of her head.  So, these measurements are pretty close but you can adjust a little according to your taste.

The arugula is easy to grow.  There are so many wonderful salad recipes now using arugula you might want to try growing it.  This fall I planted spinach in a flower bed next to my house and it is doing wonderful.  I'm still getting spinach and it is the darkest green and so tender.  I hope it will make it through the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment