Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Reflections of 2015


I always sit and reflect on the year as it comes to a close.  Last year, for the first time, I decided to pick out my favorite day of the year.   It wasn't hard last year because it was a day that I spent with my sister.  It's sad to say but we have never really been very close.  Other than our connection as family, we don't have a lot in common.  We spent the whole day together.  We went to our cousin's funeral in Stillwell, Oklahoma, came back by our family's cabin at a nearby lake and drove around and remembered such wonderful moments in our lives and we laughed and as always I cried some, the memories were just too dear.  We decided to stop and have dinner in one of Oklahoma's quaint little towns on our way home.   You know the type main street USA, family owned, serving up chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, big homemade rolls and homemade pies that have meringue three inches thick.  Down home southern cookin! It was wonderful.  We made it home as the sun was setting.  This is one of those memory making events that was not planned it just unfolded one good and meaningful thing after another. It was a special day for me with her because I don't have a lot, so I will always cherish it.

Now, for 2015.  This one is easy but I have 2 occasions not one day.   The first one, my daughter took me on a trip to California, to the dessert.  My first experience to see and be in the dessert.  We were at a facility that was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and the plants and trees were so different yet beautiful and the fragrance was amazing.  I couldn't believe that something so bare with just a few flowers could smell that wonderful. Wonderful food! Best fish tacos I've ever eaten.  It was a very spiritual and enlightening time and I got to share it with my very sweet daughter.  We came home and three weeks later................

The other major memory maker was the birth of our precious grandson!  The memory that is etched in my brain is when the baby was handed to our daughter she immediately put him close to her face and kissed him.  It doesn't get any sweeter than that.  I almost felt like I was having an out of the body experience all day.  I could hardly believe that we had a grandchild.  I would just stare at him and then her.  It was a day of heart felt thankfulness and gratitude.

I hope this year that I have made your life a little richer. I hope you have got some good ideas for your home, some good recipes that you have enjoyed, information that you have found helpful and some encouragement to press on to be all that you can be. 

May the new year bring love into our hearts for each other that will change the world!

Always much love to you and a most happy new year.
galatha

No comments:

Post a Comment