Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Cleaning Silk Flowers

As I was cleaning house over the weekend, one dirty spot led to another and I ended up cleaning my silk greenery and some of my silk flowers. :(  Just dusting them off was not doing the trick.  So I ended up putting them in the sink and washing the dust off, shaking off the excess water, then putting them in a king size pillow case, tying string around the open end to secure it.  I then put it in the dryer on air dry for 15 minutes and it all looked like new. 

Some of you may have already figured this out but it was a welcomed discovery for me.

These were flowers that were in bush form not individual stem flowers.  Some of the stem flowers have a substance to keep them stiff.  If you did this they may flop and not stand erect.

No comments:

Post a Comment