Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Good Old Fashion Fruit Salad



I think we all forget about how good fruit salad is, I know I do.  I am always thinking of some decadent dessert I can make instead of a simple nutritious fruit salad. 

My mom always made the best fruit salad and didn't use a lot of fancy fruits.  It was apples, oranges, bananas, pears, red grapes and pecans with a dollop of whipped cream.  My dad always would get the big box of fruit from his employer at Christmas and to use up some of the fruit before it ruined she always made a big fruit salad.  It was so good.

I recently had a dear friend down for lunch and was trying to think of something good for dessert that was half way healthy and I remember the fruit salad.  It was good and I just wanted to remind you to remember fruit salad when you are wanting a good dessert.

This day I used apples, oranges, pears, bananas, kiwi, pineapple and pecans.  I put one tablespoon of sugar over the fruit to get the natural juices going and also squeezed the juice of one orange over the fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment