Saturday, January 19, 2013

Fast and Easy Breakfast

This is about a 20 minute breakfast. I know it's still not as fast as driving thru your local fast food window and picking up breakfast but it really is as good if not better. I use whole wheat English muffins, 3 slices of bacon-crispy, 2 poached eggs, 2 slices of American cheese. Toast the muffins in oven. When they are golden I remove them and sometimes I put a little butter on each side and sometimes I don't. But at this time, I lay a piece of cheese on one side of the muffin. I fry my bacon in the oven on a sheet pan lined with foil. Clean up is fast and easy. Drain bacon on paper towel when finished cooking. Then I put one whole piece cut in half and one half of another piece of bacon on top of the cheese. While this has been taking place, I have an egg poacher and my eggs are finished by this time and I place the egg on the bacon and put the other side of the muffin on top. You're done! You can actually get by with one piece of bacon but Gary likes a little more bacon. He loves these and would eat them every morning if I would make them. They really are very tasty and with a little of my tomato relish.....oh my! Oh, don't forget fresh grapefruit and orange juice compliment it very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment