Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Quick and Easy Pasta Dish


This is a new recipe I tried. It is very easy to prepare and delicious. I was a little concerned about my husband liking this one but I will tell you about the changes I made. The recipe calls for freshly grated Asiago cheese. I love Asiago cheese but in this recipe it is pretty strong. It could have been just the block of cheese I bought that day. The second time I made it I used freshly grated Parmesan cheese and we both liked it a lot better. We also love Gorgonzola cheese and I would like to try that sometime. If you like Asiago give it a try. It's really good and a great comfort food.

Fettuccine with Zucchini and Pecans

3/4 cup chopped pecans
1 (12 oz.) package of Fettuccine
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 lb. small zucchini, shredded
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup freshly grated Asiago cheese
1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil

Heat pecans in a small nonstick skillet over medium low heat, stirring often, 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
Prepare fettuccine according to package directions.
Meanwhile, melt butter with olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add zucchini and garlic and saute 3 to 4 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Toss with hot cooked fettuccine, pecans, Asiago cheese, and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment