Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Home Alone


In October, our last two little fledglings left the nest. Actually, they are not little anymore. Our two sons moved to the city and are living in an apartment together. They are loving the convenience of living in the city and all the amenities that are associated with that. From their mother's point of view, there are not many amenities to living in the city but I'm a country girl through and through. My occasional trip to the city is plenty of exposure to that loud hurried life style.

After the boys moved out, one day I was figuring how long we had had children in our home and it has been 35 years. I could hardly believe it. We had our first child two years after we married. We home schooled our children for 17 years so life for me was very busy. I think about it now and I can't believe I did all that I did in a day. It has been a wonderful part of my life and I'm very thankful for our children and the time that we have had with them.

I worked up until our first child was born and then I was excited about the prospect of quiting my job and staying home with her. I've always love different hobbies and when I quit my job I thought I would have time for those things as well as being a wife and mother. I did work in things occasionally but it added a lot of unneeded stress to my life so I didn't do it often.

I get up in the morning now and all I have to be concerned about is me and my hubby. I'm still trying to get used to cooking for two people and the house stays cleaner a little longer.

I do believe each of us is here for a purpose and while I was raising our children I knew I was fulfilling my purpose at that time. Now, I'm asking God about the next chapter and what does He have for me now. I'm excited to find out. In the meantime, I'm thoroughly enjoying not living on a schedule and doing what I want when I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment