Thursday, December 15, 2011

Great Holiday Appetizer

My husband and I went out with dear friends last weekend. We went on a tour of homes decorated for Christmas. All of the homes had different snacks you could sample also. The was one I had never seen and it is very festive and delicious. Sorry, I don't have a picture. I haven't made it yet.

Cranberry Relish

1 bag fresh cranberries
1 cup sugar
1 bunch cilantro
3-4 jalapenos, seeded if you don't want much heat.
1-8 oz. cream cheese, softened

Put above ingredients in blender or food processor and blend until fine to medium consistency. Pour over cream cheese and serve with Fritos.

When I tasted this, the hostess had only put in one seeded jalapeno and I couldn't taste the jalapeno. So you will need to decide how hot you want it and add your jalapenos. The hostess also said Fritos are the best with this. She had tried different crackers and it didn't do what Fritos did for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment