Friday, September 3, 2010

A new twist on Chocolate Chip Cookies

Who doesn't like chocolate chip cookies? As hard as this is for me to believe, I do have several friends and relatives who can take chocolate or leave it. So if chocolate is your forte then I think you will love this recipe.

I buy whole wheat bread from a bakery and they also make the most wonderful peanut butter chocolate chip cookies I have ever tasted. I have thought about those cookies a lot and this recipe is what I have come up with. Not quite what the bakery makes but they are pretty good.

Just use the Nestle's chocolate chip cookie recipe on the back of the package and add
1 cup of Smucker's Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter
1 cup of oatmeal
1 cup of coconut
1 1/2 cups of chopped pecans (coarsely chopped)
Mix altogether and bake on a greased cookie sheet at 375 degrees for about 13-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment