Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Happy Nesting!

I recently picked up a bird nest in the yard while I was working outside. I find them occasionally when the wind literally comes sweeping down the plain and up roots the tiny fragile homesteads.

I find it so interesting that there is sometimes some odd piece of something that does not even relate to a birds nest. A little piece of cord or a strip of material interwoven into all the twigs, straw and soft feathers of the nest. I wondered what made the bird pick this up. Was it the color or that it sparkled.....who knows. It was carefully woven into the beautiful design of the nest.

This is such a picture of how I am with my home and I think a lot of women are like this. My motto is, "if it puts a smile on my face it comes home to my place." I know there is no such thing as a perfectly designed room. If there is, it's not lived in. Rooms are treasures of our hearts, collages of our lives. They contain things that seem a little wacky or eccentric but when pulled together with love everything fits.

So how can I judge the little nest with it's odd piece of cord. The bird wove the cord into it's nest because the bird saw it and loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment