Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Little Touches for a Bedroom Makeover




I did some work recently for a client who wanted some changes in her bedroom. She has a maple dresser and one night stand and a black wrought-iron headboard. She had recently made her red floral bedspread and curtains. She had also purchased the saying "Always Kiss Me Goodnight" that you transfer onto the wall.

I centered the bed on the wall and we went shopping and purchased 2 black night stands and 2 new lamps. We also found 2 sconces that I filled with 2 large ferns. I centered the Kiss Me Goodnight above her bed between the 2 sconces. She had 2 pictures that I hung by the window and over the window I hung a black iron piece that she already had.

My ideas for her dresser are to remove the current mirror and to buy a decorative mirror. We saw one while shopping. It had a large metal frame and had been rubbed with red paint and it will look great with her bedding. Also, a pretty arrangement of greenery with some hints of red for one end of the dresser.

She has hard wood floors and I also suggested a pretty decorative rug.

No comments:

Post a Comment