Thursday, September 16, 2010

Decorating for the Fall







I want to say that Fall is my favorite time of the year but as I have gotten older I have really come to appreciate the different expressions of each season. I have come to the place that I really enjoy them all and I can no longer say that one is really my favorite.

I love the bright colors that fall brings into our lives. The gourds and pumpkins, the falling leaves, the cool nights and warm afternoons, the geese honking over our home as they are flying in their uniform patterns as they head south, scarecrows, bonfires, roasting marshmallows and hot dogs, hot apple cider, and the first big chill when we build our first fire in the wood stove, the harvest moon as it rises over the hill behind our home, hayrides and the list could go on and on for me.

Decorating for fall is really fun for me. I seem to do it a little earlier every year because this season doesn't last long enough for me. I'm always a little sad when I have to put up my pumpkins and get out my snowflakes because it just hasn't lasted long enough. When I decorate for the fall I also decorate for Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is our family's big holiday. All of our family gathers at our home for this holiday celebration. Through the years we have learned about the pilgrims and the sacrifice they made in coming to this country. Thanksgiving for our family is not only a time of great food and fellowship but of remembering our forefathers, their sacrifice and retelling their story to our children that it might be passed down to our posterity and never forgotten.

Here are my little touches of fall for our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment