Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Thanksgiving Eve






The house is as clean as it's going to get. :)  My hub helped me this year and I finished up about 3 hours earlier than I normally do.  Wow, was I glad.  The food is ready for the finishing touches in the morning.  I made a pumpkin espresso tiramisu instead of our normal pumpkin pie.  One of our children has found out and is pretty upset that there is not going to be pumpkin pie.  Depending on my time table in the morning, I may make one.  We have too much food and I was trying to cut back a little.  But you know how that is, everyone has there favorite thing that they want.  :)

I took some pictures of our Thanksgiving table.  I used pieces of pewter that I have collected over the years.  A piece of old burlap as a runner and the pieces of pewter with some flowers in them arranged up and down the table.  It's hard to see them but I hope you can get some ideas from the arrangement. 

The last picture is of the buffet.  At one end is my mom's carnival glass.  I have put dessert forks in one piece and after dinner mints in another small piece.  And placed all this on a silver tray along with dessert plates.  I'll post another picture later of the entire buffet when I get all the desserts on the buffet.

Wishing you a good nights rest......xo

No comments:

Post a Comment