Saturday, November 7, 2015

Oatmeal Soup

This is absolutely delicious!  It is the recipe of a dear, dear friend who is an excellent cook.  She is one of the most hospitable people I know.  When I get to visit her she always has the most wonderful meals and the most comfortable beds.  :)

I was looking for a recipe and ran across this recipe for oatmeal soup.  I haven't made it recently so I don't have a picture of it.  But I wanted to share this recipe because it is wonderful on a cold morning and is a wonderful accompaniment to a brunch.  With the holidays around the corner and company coming, this would be something that is a little extra special for you to serve your guests.

2 Granny Smith apples (peeled, cored and small dice)
2/3 cup quick oats
2/3 cup 7 grain cereal
salt to taste
5 1/2 cups milk
1/4-1/3 cup French Vanilla cream (Coffee Mate)
3-4 tablespoons of butter

Put all in a pan except French Vanilla cream and butter.  Bring to a boil then cook about 3-5 minutes until oatmeal looks done.  Add butter and French Vanilla cream stir well and serve.
When I add the French Vanilla cream I put in 1/4 cup and if I think it needs a little more I will add some more.  You don't want it to be too soupy.

No comments:

Post a Comment