Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Chicken Broth

I've always bought Swanson's canned chicken broth.  There is no MSG in Swanson's chicken broth.  One day I was at our little neighbor grocery store and they were out of Swanson's the other brand had MSG.  My only option was to buy a dry broth base chicken flavored seasoning that had no MSG and it said all natural. 

But this is what I have found.  It's a lot cheaper using this dry seasoning than buying the cans of chicken broth.   You use two teaspoons of the chicken flavored seasoning to a cup of water. There are 56 servings in one jar and it's around $4.50. The flavor is as good if not better than the canned broth.  A lot of the soups I make call for chicken broth and in the past I was always running to the store for chicken broth.  This way I always have it on hand and it just takes a minute to make it. 

Just wanted to share this little tid bit that is a money saver and you always have it on hand.  I've started using the beef flavored also.  The brand I bought is Orrington Farms.  It has a couple of ingredients made from corn so I will be checking Natural Grocer for an organic brand.  GMO is in most corn products.

No comments:

Post a Comment