Thursday, December 20, 2012

Proof of Heaven

A couple of days ago, I finished reading Proof of Heaven by Eben Alexander, M. D.  He is a neurosurgeon that contracted bacterial mennigitis.  He was in a coma for one week and during that week is his Proof of Heaven.

It was very interesting because he didn't believe in God and scientifically he had come to the conclusion  that there wasn't any consciousness after death.  His experience was very interesting, he didn't start out seeing the tunnel with the bright light at the end.

I became interested in what happens when you die when my dad died.  I had one of those (the light came on experiences) when he died.  I had been in his room only 10 minutes before he died and even though he was in a coma I knew he was there.  After his death, and we went back into his room because we were not permitted to be in the room when he died, immediately even though his body was there I knew he was gone.  I know you are probably thinking duh, yes he is gone, but for me it was an awakening point where I realized we are not our body, that our body is just a shell that carries us around. So I really wanted to know what happens when you die and over the years I have read quite a few books on the subject.

It's probably the best book I've read on near death experiences and it's a quick read.

No comments:

Post a Comment