Wednesday, December 26, 2012

New Table Ideas


Sorry the picture is sideways! :( 

This morning I was sitting and thinking about dishes, new glasses, redecorating and I became very excited.  I know there are a lot of you who are thinking, are you kidding, you got excited thinking about dishes, glasses etc.  Well, it's really true.  My energy level starts to go through the roof when I start thinking about things like this.  I truly love it.  I love putting things together that you think wouldn't work but comes out looking wonderful. 

I really do need new glasses and everyday dishes but I haven't seen yet what I love.  I would like red or green dishes.  My mom used to have an everyday set dishes that had huge red roses on them.  You would have to see it.  It wasn't an expensive set but I still remember them (that should say something) and I loved them.  I have wanted red dishes for years but haven't seen just what I want.  I recently saw some green glasses that I liked at Tuesday Morning. I loved the color and the glass but they didn't have a full set.

The picture above is my china pattern.  Years ago I got a free set of china and crystal with my cookware.  My cookware was very expensive but it was great and has lasted a long time but it is starting to ware  also. When I got married, I liked the cream colored china with the small gold edging. The china I have, I have never been totally happy with but decided to go with it because it was free. It was not exactly what I wanted but it was close and I thought I would be happy with it.  I wasn't! I find that I just don't use it.  First Lesson - Never buy what you are not totally happy with even if it's free!

This is my new idea for my china.  I going to start looking at garage sales, thrift stores, and junk stores for salad plates that are china that are patterned to go with my plates. I will keep you posted on my discoveries.

The other thing I have decided to do is to start using my mother's silverware.  I love the pattern and it all needs to be shined up.  Again, my everyday silver ware that I bought when we got married has seen better days.  Some of it is missing and I still love it and will use it some but I am going to use my mom's too. She has tea spoons and soup spoons and I love the shape of them. Why not use these things that are beautiful and get enjoyment of out them instead of keeping them put up and out of sight.

I am excited to see what I'm going to find and I'll keep you posted of my discoveries.

No comments:

Post a Comment