Sunday, December 9, 2012

Making Wreaths







A very dear friend and (my Indian food eating buddy) invited me out for the day to celebrate my birthday.  We had a wonderful time.  First on the agenda, was a wreath making class at Will Rogers Community Center (not sure if that's the exact title).  This is a well kept secret.  There are gardening classes there once a month taught by a very knowlegeable horticulturalist.  I have attended a few of his classes and I always learn something new.  The last class of the year is a wreath making class and the wonderful thing is, it is FREE.  You can't believe all of the different types of natural greenry.  It is all the trimmings from the park and another property. And there are tons of it. 

I didn't really know what to expect from the class but was pleasantly surprised.  I made a small wreath for our bedroom window and when the class was over they passed out huge plastic bags so you could bring more greenry home.  I brought home enough greenry to decorate the wreath that hangs on our pickett fence and to fill my old wheelbarrow by the den door.

Well, after we loaded our cars with all our greenry we headed for our favorite Indian restaurant. It was wonderful, all the Indian dishes I love plus their wonderful mint sauce and cucumber sauce.  You already know, I ate too much, but I always do when I go there.  We then headed back to her home for some afternoon tea and a good visit. We were both so full, if we had been honest with each other we probably could have laid down and took a good nap! :)

It was a wonderful day, an activity that I loved, great food and I shared it with a great friend.


P.S.  Next time you are trimming shrubs or a neighbor is see if you can be creative with the clippings!

No comments:

Post a Comment