Thursday, December 27, 2012

Cauliflower Salad



This is a salad that we have had for years only on Thanksgiving and Christmas. My mother loved this salad and years ago she had eaten it at Dodson's Cafeteria.  Luckily, she found the recipe and after that we always had this on holidays.  For some reason the men folk in our family do not eat this. But the women love it.

It is a wonderful salad and of course I have carried on the tradition.  My sister usually brings the salads for our holiday meals and this Christmas she was out of town and so I had to make it.  It only has four ingredients but I couldn't remember if it was mayo or miracle whip for the dressing.  I looked in several recipe books and no one had this salad.  So I thought this might be a good one to share on my blog.  It is a wonderful addition to turkey and dressing and all the fixins.

1 head of cauliflower (sliced very thin) use just the flower part not the stalk
1 tablespoon of chopped onion (if it is a large head you might want to use 2 tablespoons)
1 small can of chopped black olives ( I used sliced but chopped is better)
1/4 to 1/3 cup of Miracle Whip
salt and pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment