Thursday, November 18, 2010

Just Living




Wow, It's been a busy month so far. Finished painting the house......soooo thankful that is done! I was beginning to wonder if I was ever going to finish it. But with the help of my dear sweet husband and one of our sons(they did all the high places) we completed it and it looks so much better. I have always wanted black shutters so we are in the process of getting those completed. We have one set on and hopefully during the winter we will get that all accomplished. When you do-it-yourself it takes a little longer. :)

Now I can focus on my other projects. I am going to clear out a spot for a blueberry patch and get it ready so all I have to do is plant the bushes when they come in. I usually do things the other way around which makes me a little stressed. I have a lot of old red bricks and I want to use these for edging around my flower beds plus the usual work in the garden. I will have plenty to keep me busy on the pretty days during the winter. And as always, can't wait to start looking through the new seed catalogs when they start arriving.

When your looking at the pictures of our home. Look closely at the porch area. I added some old metal work on the pillars that I found at a friend's shop in Marlow. I'm really happy with the way it looks. I also used some extra pieces of this metal work as an "L" bracket for a shelf in my breakfast room. Will share those pictures later when I have it all complete.

Looking forward to a wonderful Thanksgiving with my dear family. We have so much to be thankful for....we are all healthy, happy and we have each other. Do you need much more than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment