Monday, November 1, 2010

Great Pumpkin Cookie


This is an old time favorite with my family. It's tradition around our house to make these cookies a couple of times during the fall months. I finally made some on Saturday. What's funny is my daughter, Katie came down Saturday evening with a batch of these cookies she had made. So today, some of my neighbors are enjoying our pumpkin cookies. This is a wonderful recipe and I think it will become a favorite around your house during pumpkin season.

2 cups flour
1 cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg beaten,
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup Libby's pumpkin
1 cup semi-sweet chips

Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt. Cream butter, gradually adding sugars. Beat until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. Alternate dry ingredients and pumpkin, mixing well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop cookies onto a greased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until golden. Makes about 20 cookies.

I can not stand to throw half of the pumpkin away so I have put all the pumpkin in the recipe and it has turned out fine. I sometimes add pecans too, about 1 cup chopped and that also taste great.

No comments:

Post a Comment