Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summer Greek Salad


I love this salad. It is so good I could make it almost every night if my husband would go for it. He likes it but not as much as I do. The great flavors of garden tomatoes with the garden cucumbers and the sweet red peppers with the salty olives and feta cheese is a wonderful combo in my taster.
The recipe calls for cube Feta cheese but all I had was crumbled but the cube would make a more striking presentation with all the colors you have going in this salad.

1 red pepper, large chop (size of nickle)
1 yellow pepper, large chop
1 medium red onion, cut in half and slice
3-4 medium tomatoes large chunks
1 small jar of Calamata olives, pitted
6-8 ounces of cube Feta cheese (I used 4 oz. crumbles and it was fine)
2 medium cucumbers, cut in half and sliced

Dressing
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano (pinch the oregano with fingers as you put in liquid to release more of the flavor) fresh oregano in this can be to strong.

Whisk all ingredients together. Pour over salad and toss gently so you won't break up the cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment