Monday, July 19, 2010

Lavendar Ice Cream

Meryle Streep is one of my favorite female actors. So we rented "It's Complicated" and in the movie she owns a bakery/restaurant. She makes lavender ice cream in the movie. I hadn't thought about lavender ice cream before so I pulled out an old herb cookbook that I bought from a local herbalist and there was a recipe for lavender ice cream.

I experimented on my family Sunday and made the lavender ice cream for dessert and everyone really loved it. Truthfully, I wasn't sure I would like it but I love the fragrance of lavender and have made some cookies out of lavender before and liked them. It was a big hit and it has a wonderful flavor.

It a very simple recipe. If you have a favorite homemade vanilla ice cream recipe you can use that and add one to two tablespoons of crushed lavender flowers to it. I used one tablespoon yesterday but next time I will probably add a little more.

This is my recipe for vanilla ice cream.

6 eggs beaten
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 quart of half and half
1 can Milnot
2 cups sugar
2 quarts of milk

Add everything together in a bowl and whisk and pour into ice cream freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment