Friday, July 30, 2010

PEACHES FROM OUR ORCHARD




You can't tell from these pictures but these peaches are the size of softballs and they taste wonderful. I have three peach trees and the peaches on the other two trees are not near this size. These are probably the best tasting peaches I have ever eaten. It's interesting how they came about. A good friend of mine, who lives in Texas, got these trees from her compost pile. She wasn't sure what they would be like. A bird must have dropped the seeds because she didn't put any seeds in the compost. I wasn't sure in the beginning if I wanted to take a chance on what I would get.

It's been a delightful surprise to take a chance and have such wonderful peaches! They come from such a wonderful and dear friend.......they had to be good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment