Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Star Dutch Schwartz



Our darling little grandson arrived on June 23, 7 lbs. 13 ozs. and 19 1/2 inches long.  Mom and baby are doing great.  I've had the great privilege of taking care of both for the last 3 weeks. So much fun but whew! I'm pretty tired.  Mid way through the stay, as I was getting up in the middle of the night, I said to myself I remembered that this was hard but I forgot how hard.  What gets you is the loss of sleep. 

Let me tell you a little bit about Star Dutch!  His official name is not Star Dutch but that is what he will always be to me.  Star dust has been sprinkled in my eyes and he has totally won my heart.  All objectivity has vanished from my reasoning in regards to this little guy.  LOL, Is that not a typical grandma for you!  He really is a good baby, eats and sleeps a lot, very content and not demanding. He doesn't like to have his diaper changed and he really listens when I talk to him. :)  I had forgotten the pure essence of a newborn.

The day we left the hospital and drove out of the parking lot, this flashed in my mind.  The first time I saw Dutch, he was a speck on the ultra sound monitor and that speck had a heart beat.  My daughter had a huge fibroid in her uterus and she was given some pretty grim predictions regarding her pregnancy and the chance of major hemorrhaging during the C-section.  As I thought of the miracles that had taken place over the months, my heart was filled with much thankfulness and gratitude.

Some one shared this with me and I would like to pass it on to you.  The first organ to develop in a baby is the heart and the heart starts to beat without a brain telling it to. That struck me the first time I saw Dutch.  If you would like to learn more about this check heart science and you will find that the heart has tissue that is similar to the brain.  Ok, the next organ to develop is the tongue.  Is that not the strangest thing.  I would not think the tongue would be next but the Bible says, out of the heart the mouth speaks. Then the ears form and the auditory nerve that is in the ear goes thru every organ of the body as it develops.  So when you are cursed or blessed you fill those words throughout your body.  Isn't that amazing! There is so much to learn!

I am ready to spend some time now with a much neglected grandpa.  He was more than happy to lend me for these 3 weeks as we both enjoyed getting to know this little guy.  Life is back to normal now but the circle of our family has expanded and it has been strengthened with the addition of Dutch to our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment