Thursday, July 16, 2015

Cucumber Yogurt Salad


This is something simple but it taste wonderful.  I was looking for something to go with hamburgers tonight and made this.  It was delicious!

3 cucumbers, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup plain whole yogurt
2 cloves garlic, minced

Peel cucumber and slice very thinly using the fine blade in your food processor.  Place in a bowl and mix with salt.  Cover and refrigerate for several hours.

Place cucumbers in a colander and drain about 1/2 hour, turning occasionally.  You may wish to pat or squeeze cucumbers in a towel to remove remaining moisture.  Peel and mince garlic and mix with yogurt.  Add cucumber to yogurt mixture and chill well.  Serve with pita bread.

I would like to suggest using Fage yogurt.  It is excellent for this and I also used the mini cucumbers which I think has a lot better flavor.  The skin on these cucumbers are so thin I didn't peel them.  I was in a hurry and didn't have time to do all the above.  I just threw it all in a bowl and mix it well and it was great.  But this would be wonderful in pita bread with some garden cherry tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment