Friday, April 3, 2015

Spring and the Garden


For one brief moment in early Spring, the garden has order and lines and borders and then these little bundles of energy take over.  They spread out of their borders and crawl and climb and intermingle into spaces that are not theirs.  Nature is such a metaphor!

I've learned to enjoy this order while it lasts and then to let go.  I feed and water these little bundles of energy but I no longer try to control where they go.  They are free to find their place and flourish.  When I have tried to control them, they have a mind of their own and they will eventually wonder back where they have been. Pruning is necessary at times but this makes them a larger and stronger plant.  They are happiest when they are free and that's when they produce the greatest bounty.  My life is a lot easier now that I have realized this.

NATURE .........It speaks to me everyday in such a beautiful way!

No comments:

Post a Comment