Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Bugs in a Jar Quilt



This is the baby quilt I made for Dutch, our new little grandson who will be arriving in June. The top picture is the day I finished the quilt.  I was sweating bullets afraid I was not going to get it finished in time.  I decided to have it machine quilted because I knew Dutch would be grown before I finished it by hand.  I was able to give it to my daughter at her first baby shower last weekend.  She loved it!
I'm dropping it off today at the quilt shop and they will have it finished for me by the end of May.  Whew!

I think this will be a fun quilt for him.  He will learn all about bugs and their names.  A lady at the quilt shop gave me a great idea of playing "I spy" with him in learning his bugs.

I reconnected with a friend from high school on facebook and she happened to live in Blanchard, Oklahoma which isn't far from me.  We met last summer for lunch and went to the quilt show at the Blanchard Library. Someone had made a bugs in the jar quilt and it was on display.  I just loved it and my friend who is a wonderful quilter told me she had the pattern and would show me how to make it.  So much gratitude and thankfulness to her for helping me and putting up with all my mistakes. 

I really had a great time making it and reconnecting with an old friend.  Check out the quilt shop in Blanchard, Oklahoma, it's wonderful.  It's called Beth's Quilting Quarters & Fabric Shop.  She has a wonderful selection of fabrics, supplies and she does machine quilting.  And there is a wonderful little tea room/sandwich shop with a great gift shop across the street.

Oklahoma's small towns really have a lot to offer.  I'm always amazed at what I find in these small towns.  Really unique finds! Just like Beth's Quilt Shop, I found fabric in her shop that I had not seen in Oklahoma City and I had been in every fabric and quilt shop in OKC.  This summer make it a goal to visit several small towns.  You'll have a great time and you'll love the small town feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment