Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Fish Tacos


I finally made some fish tacos that Gary and I loved.  They were delicious and yes, this was my plate I not only ate these four but two more. LOL  What can I say, I was hungry.  But these tacos are light and a couple are just not enough.

I buy wild cod fillets from Sam's.  They are frozen and individually wrapped.  This fish is also what I use to make a wonderful fish sandwich, which I have also posted.  You could grease a baking dish, salt and pepper the fish and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes but I salt and pepper the fish and dredge it in one part flour and 2 parts cornmeal.  Then fry it in coconut oil, one minute on each side just to form a crust.  I then removed it from the skillet put it in a greased baking dish and finish it off in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.  It's perfect every time.

The slaw for the fish tacos is shredded cabbage, one bunch of green onions, thinly sliced, julienned carrots.

The dressing:  One bunch thinly sliced green onions
                        One medium garlic clove, minced
                         Juice of one lime
                         3-4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
                         to sweeten you can use honey, sugar, or agave nectar (I just go by taste, I used a
                         couple of squirts of agave nectar.
                         Stir until all ingredients are mixed well and drizzle over cabbage.
                         I also put a slice of avocado on each taco.

I hope you will try these.  I have made several fish taco recipes and this is our favorite.  This will be my go to from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment