Thursday, February 12, 2015

Fingerling Potatoes


These potatoes are wonderful, they have the best flavor.  I have used fingerling potatoes for a crudites platter but after using them in the salad I recently posted I have become hooked on them.  I'm slowing eliminating frozen, canned and prepackaged foods.  On this night, Gary was making grilled hamburgers and in the past we have bought frozen French fries (burgers and fries, one of my favorites).  I had some fingerling potatoes on hand and decided to roast them in the oven (instead of going to buy frozen) and they were great with the burgers.

Just slice the potatoes in half or in thirds depending on the size, place on a cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, toss.  Bake at 400 degrees for about 35-45 minutes.  As you can see, they come out crispy and they are fresh.  A lot better for you than frozen and a lot faster than cutting potatoes into French fries and frying them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment