Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Goodbye to My Last Little Winged Friend


For several days last week, the hummingbirds were everywhere. Flitting speedily from the hummingbird feeder to the blooms on the mint to the trumpet vine and back to the feeder.  On Saturday evening, this was my last little summer guest.  It was late in the evening and he or she sat
on the garden fence for the longest time.  I was washing the dishes and watching and that's why I finally got my camera because he sat there so long I was able to get his picture.  I'm guessing he was pondering his journey south and taking in the last glimpse of his summer home.

My husband and I enjoy watching these amazing little creatures all summer.  They are so tiny and so fast and so beautiful.  I'm going to miss them!

No comments:

Post a Comment