Monday, July 7, 2014

The Beautiful Colors of Summer


The colors of summer are becoming as beautiful to me as the fall colors.  I continue to be amazed year after year at the beauty of creation.  Not only can we marvel at the vibrant colors of tomatoes and the purple beans but the uniqueness of the different flavors.  All this beautiful food that was given to us to enjoy and it's ashamed that we fall into the trap of fast food.

Fast food is exactly what it is!  It does take some time and effort to prepare good food. The majority of the time that's what we eat and it's wonderful, but some times I'm tired and I don't want to cook and I'm guilty of my occasional slaw dog and chili cheese fries from J.&W. Grill in Chickasha :(  

I have wanted to grow these purple beans forever and finally planted them this year.  Gary helped me put up little Tepee's for them to grow up and they didn't grow up them as well as they should have.  I wasn't on top of the training.  Some of the plants took off up the posts and the rest are twisted around each other at the base of the tepee.  Another learning experience, next year I will be better prepared.  It was like looking for purple Easter eggs among a sea of green leaves. 

I making a new egg plant dip with egg plant from the garden and I'm thinking these purple beans and the lemon cucumbers from the garden are not only going to taste wonderful but make a beautiful summer platter.

I'll show pictures and the recipe soon!  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment