Saturday, May 31, 2014

My Herb Garden



 .
Far away from the hustle and bussel of the busy city, grows the little garden that I love.  This is my little herb garden and even though these plants look small now in a couple of months they will have grown  into huge mounds. 

Every year I have wrote about herbs and how wonderful they smell and taste, but I would like to say that you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't grow at least one herb in a pot or flower bed.  Poke one in some where and next year you will find that you want more. 

This is chive butter.  It is so easy to make and it taste so wonderful.  When my children are home for dinner and I make this butter we have to have two loaves of baguette bread, they love it.  The baguette bread is best with this butter.  It is one to two sticks of salted butter and a handful of chives or garlic chives and chop fine and mix into softened butter.  This bread and butter is great with soups, salads, light dinners with fish, salad and vegetables. The butter is also very good on steamed vegetables or in a baked potato.  I really like garlic chives the best but this year couldn't find them. 
As always, I thought of taking a picture when it's almost gone. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment