Sunday, April 27, 2014

Working on Flower Beds




I'm attacking the edging on my flower beds again.  I started the edging on the south side of our home and I'm now working on the north side.  I love the red bricks for edging.  I know red bricks are pretty old fashion but for ole' home they look perfect. 

This big slab of concrete is something Gary made as the top of a step that used to go into a little building we had on our property.  It was my little workshop.  We sold the building and Gary had the idea of putting this into the garden but when I was thinking about how I wanted this flower bed I knew I wanted it here.  I love it and I know just the flowers and small succulents that I want to plant around this.  I'm going to be really pleased with this. 

I have planted some watermelon and what  I have read about it, it is supposed to be very sweet.  The reviews are it's the best.  So, I'll let you know.  Two raised beds of watermelon, one raised bed of cantaloupe, one raised bed of purple poll beans (these are supposed to be very flavorful too.)  Most of my tomatoes are planted, spinach, arugula, deer's tongue (a tender leaf lettuce), mixed lettuce greens, kale, swiss chard, cucumbers, squash and zucchini.  I'm going to be busy.

Now, I need to stay on top of all this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment