Friday, April 4, 2014

Brown Bean Tacos


When I have worked in the yard most of the day, I do not want to come in and cook.  This is a quick meal to prepare and I just love this.  It's so simple and so tasty.  When I cook a big pot of brown beans (I can't seem to down size this) there is no way Gary and I will eat all of them.  So I have started putting the left over beans in zip lock bags and freezing them.  I usually have enough for 3 more meals.  I never froze brown beans when our kids were home, we never had any left.  So I wasn't sure if they would freeze well.  They freeze very well.

All I had to do yesterday, was thaw the beans and warm them up.  I used a slotted spoon to drain off the juice and put them in a taco shell.  Put some cheddar cheese over them and into the broiler until the cheese melts and the taco shell warms.  Then pile it with tomatoes, lettuce and sweet diced onion. 
I had some sour cream, pace and a sliced avocado on the side.  I know I was hungry but it tasted wonderful. 

Quick, easy, cheap and tasted great!

No comments:

Post a Comment