Friday, April 18, 2014

Did Your Garden Freeze?

I have been busy in the garden getting everything planted.  I had already planted about 8 tomato plants and there were still several varieties that I was looking for.  Thankfully, I hadn't found them yet because I lost all our tomato plants and a lot of the flowers I had planted.  So I'm basically back to square one again.  Still collecting, once again the varieties of tomato plants I want to plant.  If it is not the wind blowing everything to Tin buck too it's freezing everything.  And I did cover everything.  I went to our local hardware store the next day and was talking with the lady in the garden shop.  Her son has a meszonet and it recorded that Chickasha got down to 21 for 5 hours.  A lot of people lost their onions as well.  I always have new appreciation for my ancestors when things like this happen.  To think that what they planted they really had to count on for food.  Wow! lots of hard work.

I started digging the edging to finish up my flower beds with the red bricks.  I really want to get that finished this year.  I really have to much going and I was thinking yesterday that I need to focus on one thing at a time until I get it finished.  It's hard for me to do because there are so many things I want to do around the yard. 

That is what has been going on around our home for the last two weeks.  I'm hoping this weekend to get the garden done. 

My friend in Blanchard told me two weeks ago she saw her first hummingbird, so I got my feeders out the next day.  This is the earliest I have ever put my feeders up.  The next day after putting them up the hummingbirds were every where.  They are so cute and I really miss watching them from my kitchen and den windows when they leave for the winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment