Saturday, April 26, 2014

Beautiful Iris


These are iris that I moved from my mom's home to mine.  They are so beautiful and this is just two colors.  I see iris and I immediately think of my mom.  She had some of the most beautiful varieties and they have such a lovely smell.  The flower is very delicate and they really make your house smell great.

This week was my mom's birthday and she would have been 95.   I love having many reminders of her not only in my garden but in my home. 

Iris are very easy to care for.  They are a perennial and after they bloom you just let the greenery die  back to the ground then cut it off.  They will multiply and about every five years you can divide them up and give them to friends or if you have a large yard you can move them to various places.  The root is tubular and they are tough.  You can google iris and there are some great nurseries that specialize in iris and they have unique and beautiful varieties.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment